EverQuest is a 3D fantasy-themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game originally developed by Verant Interactive and 989 Studios for Windows PCs. It was released by Sony Online Entertainment in March 1999 in North America, and by Ubisoft in Europe in April 2000. A dedicated version for macOS was released in June 2003, which operated for ten years before being shut down in November 2013. In June 2000, Verant Interactive was absorbed into Sony Online Entertainment, who took over full development and publishing duties of the title. Later, in February 2015, SOE's parent corporation, Sony Computer Entertainment, sold the studio to investment company Inception Acquisitions and was rebranded as Daybreak Game Company, which continues to develop and publish EverQuest. It was the first commercially successful MMORPG to employ a 3D game engine, and its success was on an unprecedented scale.
How Many People Play Everquest?
We estimate that 39,651 people play per day, with a total player base of 834,762.
- Subscribers: 834,762
- Daily Players: 39,651
- Genres: RPG, Massively Multiplayer
- Platforms: PC
- Released: 2012-12-13
The Players and Daily login numbers are estimations based on subscriber numbers and online sentiment.
Welcome to EverQuest ® - the online game that started it all! No other MMO matches EverQuest's content that includes 18 expansions, plus the original base game. Now, in its unprecedented sixteenth year, EverQuest continues to add immersive gameplay, captivating storytelling and exciting worlds full of mystery and adventure.
EverQuest is Free to Play. Your Way.™ Join a thriving community unlike any other online game, immerse yourself in hundreds of unique zones, battle thousands of creatures, and complete exciting quests. Group with friends and experience an online game the way it should be, epic and legendary.Key Features:
- Experience 16 years of continuous development including 18 expansions of amazing content
- Build your character through 90 levels of power
- More than 500 zones to explore
- Choose from 16 unique races and 16 distinct classes
- Thousands of Alternate Abilities available to further customize your character
- More than 50,000 items to earn and collect
- Hire and control unique mercenaries to aid you in your heroic adventures
- A robust in-game marketplace containing potions, weapons, armor, and mounts
- Solo, Group and Raid across continents filled with perilous dungeons, eerie crypts, floating landscapes, and underwater adventures
- Participate in several seasonal and holiday events throughout the year